Publisher: Wrox 2010 | 1272 Pages | ISBN: 0470500883 | PDF | 31 MB
The leading author of programming tutorials for beginners introduces you to Visual C++ 2010Ivor Horton is the preeminent author of introductory programming language tutorials; previous editions of his Beginning Visual C++ have sold nearly 100,000 copies. This book is a comprehensive introduction to both the Standard C++ language and to Visual C++ 2010; no previous programming experience is required.
All aspects of the 2010 release are covered, including changes to the language and the C++ standard..
* Microsoft Visual C++ is one of the most popular C++ development environments and compilers, used by hundreds of thousands of developers
* Ivor Horton’s approach to programming tutorials has achieved a huge following; this book gives beginning programmers a comprehensive introduction to both Standard C++ and Visual C++ 2010
* Covers all the language changes in Visual C++ 2010, library additions, new MFC features, changes in the Visual Studio development environment, and more
* Also includes a brief introduction to programming for multicore processors in native C++ and C++/CLR processors
* Nearly 100,000 copies of this book have been sold in previous editions
Beginners seeking a complete education in Visual C++ will find everything they need in Ivor Horton’s Beginning Visual C++ 2010.
From the Back Cover
Build real-world applications as you dive into C++ development
By following author Ivor Horton’s accessible tutorial approach and detailed examples you can quickly become an effective C++ programmer. Thoroughly updated for the 2010 release, this book introduces you to the latest development environment and teaches you how to build real-world applications using Visual C++. With this book by your side, you are well on your way to writing applications in both versions of C++ and becoming a successful C++ programmer.
Ivor Horton’s Beginning Visual C++ 2010:
* Teaches the essentials of C++ programming using both of the C++ language technologies supported by Visual C++ 2010
* Shares techniques for finding errors in C++ programs and explains general debugging principles
* Discusses the structure and essential elements that are present in every Windows® application
* Demonstrates how to develop native Windows applications using the Microsoft Foundation Classes
* Guides you through designing and creating substantial Windows applications in both C++ and C++/CLI
* Features numerous working examples and exercises that help build programming skills